IMAGE PROCESSING & 3D MODELLING SOFTWARE
- DSM 3D modelling
- 3D Textured City Models
- 3D Tree Modelling
SAKURA-GSR team possess DSM data 3D modelling Research expertise. We perform high end R&D suitable for mapping and GIS industries to involve DSM data from airborne laser scanner systems (ALS) for the development of automatic building extraction systems.
3D TEXTURED CITY MODELS
3D city modelling work at SAKURA-GSR involves semi-automatic, and automatic 3D building/object reconstruction from aerial images with texture extraction from aerial images.
Rapid composition and distribution of photo realistic 3D building models with façade texture. Building façade texture from close-range photogrammetry methods-with a less operator interaction (interactive processing).
3D TREE MODELLING
Detailed 3D TREE MODELLING Simulation of Forest Canopy Scattering Behaviour
The 3DTree research helps to construct semi-automatically geometric 3D tree models based on computational geometry. The input data should be either 3D contour of crowns or 3D surface data of tree crowns.
- Automated Geometric 3D Tree modelling System based on computational Geometry.
- Straightforward approach but novel distinct tree shapes from digital Airphotos.
- Model exported to any GIS environment.
- For biomass estimation and applications.
- Final CAD model or DSM model can be viewed in any 3D data supporting software packages.
- 3D GIS applications.
USE OF 3D TREE MODELLING
- Environmental process models are not generally realized in collaborative virtual environments.
- Traditionally, model outcomes are communicated via table, graphs and 2D maps which may not be fully understood by affected non-experts.
- Realistic and abstract 3D visualization of Tree Models along DSM data in a user system can aid communication of processes and outcomes, decision-making related to Forest applications.
- For the determination of biomass of the dense forest with varieties of trees and for simulating 3D Models of trees with reality. It is also useful in visualizing the types of trees with reference to 3D modelling.